On Saturday, January 9, 2010, hundreds of activists from labor, civil rights, immigrant, prisoner advocacy, student, health, and anti-war movements and more gathered to meet, march, and rally to tell the new governor and the Virginia General Assembly:
- Don't balance the budget on the backs of Virginia's workers!
- Raise Virginia's income tax on large corporations – the 2nd lowest in the country!
- Enact an immediate moratorium on layoffs, cutbacks, evictions, and foreclosures!
- No scapegoating of immigrants! Equality for people of color, women and the LGBTQ community!
- Money for jobs and education; not for prisons, wars, and occupations!